Sunday, August 21, 2016

Rain, Regrets and a What If Kiss

 
 


What would happen
if we could do it all again
rendezvous behind that barn
and kiss once more in the rain?
 
What would that kiss taste like?
would we become one with the rain
and dance in the heady scent
of fresh beginnings?
 
or would it simply rain down on us
like big, fat teardrops of regret
filling puddles that we always have to walk around?
 
could we get through it?
should we even try?
 
what would happen
if we didn’t walk around those puddles?
what if we scooped them up
scooped up all the teardrops of regret
and placed them in a bucket
and carried them across a bridge
where we’d stop and, with purpose and peace,
we’d empty that bucket together
washing those big fat teardrops of regret
into the river below where they belong.
then we’d toss the bucket after them
and carry no more regrets.
 
what would happen
if you kissed me once more
for old time’s sake?
 
I will think of you
the next time it rains…
 
Dahlia Ramone: August 21, 2016
 
  
This was written for Blogophilia Week 27.9
(Writer’s Choice for topic and prompts; I chose the following):
 
Topic: Kissing in the Rain
 
Bonus Prompts:
 
Hard (2 points): Complete something you started but never finished
Easy (1 point): Ask a question in your writing
 
 
 
 
 
 



32 comments:

  1. first? Nice ode to the romantic in you...also a very cleansing fresh and light feel to this one. Loved it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that romantic in me will be the death of me - lol!

      Love you, too. Maybe in a couple months I'll be able to come down for another visit :)

      And nice fristing :D

      Delete
    2. Yes as soon as you feel up to it...come on down. I miss you :)

      Delete
  2. So much truth, the perfect balance of optimism and regret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough balance to reach, and perhaps a tougher walk to walk. Thanks, Tyler :)

      Delete
  3. :) No regrets and no fear. Just have to take the first step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think that I had no regrets in life, but maybe I forgot about one. That first step is always the hardest...

      Delete
  4. Best closure turned segue ever...
    No one plays "What If" as well as you.
    Watch that basket float the river;
    wait for new rain, passing through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new rain will fall, that's a given
      But can it wash the "what-if's" away?
      A kiss of farewell, or passion-driven
      Put it to the test, and come what may.

      Delete
  5. Oh my! Washing those big fat teardrops of regret! Call me a hopeless romantic, but I say go for it! And.... 8 points, Earthling!

    - Martien Ecrits aka Marvin Martian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something romantic about kissing in the rain, isn't there? Thanks, Marvin ;)

      Delete
  6. Love this, Dollface! I know that I would not mind another kiss from a certain someone. :)

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, then you should put yourself in a position where that could be possible ;)

      Delete
  7. So lovely, brings memories of a long lost love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those long-lost loves are so difficult to let go of. Thanks for reading, Karen :)

      Delete
  8. Wow! You blow me away with your poetry, as always. Your words wash over me like a gentle rain. The questions and uncertainty tug at my heart... just one more kiss for old time's sake. Ahhhhh.....gorgeous. Love you, ((((DOLLFACE))))! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "What if's" can be rather haunting. You gotta kinda wonder what that one more kiss "for old time's sake" would be like.

      Thanks, Colleen. Love you so much! <3

      Delete
  9. Romancing in the rain. You have a way with words that voices my heartbeat. I love this, dollface. <3 Leta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leta. We sure could use some more rain, couldn't we? Love you too <3

      Delete
  10. Beautiful, the behind the barn opening touched a lot of memories and then took them to the limit

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Smiles* Thank you, Sam. I'm glad you enjoyed this :)

      Delete
  11. I am usually one to volunteer when it comes to doing the kiss again. This was fun.

    ReplyDelete